The global semiconductor shortage is a problem that is affecting everyone. Many industries and economies around the world are facing the hardships of it. From vehicles to sales of the latest Playstation, the shortage is causing widespread shortage and price increases. Here are a few items we use on a daily basis that have become more expensive or unavailable due to the scarcity.
- Automobiles: The manufacture of automobiles has decreased as a result of a shortage of semiconductors required for manufacturing. Many carmakers have suspended production because they don’t have enough microprocessors and had to raise their prices. As a result, there are now more expensive cars on the market and fewer automobiles available for purchase.
- Laptops: As semiconductors are required for computers to operate, the shortage has led to a decline in laptop supply. As a result, there are now more expensive and harder to find laptops for sale.
- Televisions: Many laptop manufacturers have had to increase prices or delay production because they can’t get their hands on enough microprocessors. So, if you’re not in a hurry to buy a laptop the best thing would be to wait a few months until production catches up with demand.
- Smartphones: The smartphone market was one of the hardest hits by the shortage. Many phone manufacturers had to delay their production because they couldn’t find any. The result is that the phones available are more expensive.
- Video Game Consoles: Since the shortage there has been a decrease in video game console production. You need microchips in order to play a video game. Since the shortage, there has been a decrease in video game console production. You need chips in order to play a video game. As a result, many video game console manufacturers have delayed or reduced their production of new consoles.
The global microchip shortage is causing a negative effect on many industries. From decreases in production to increase in prices, the shortage is causing widespread problems. If you are looking to purchase any of the items listed above, be prepared to pay a pretty penny.